Job Description: Project Engineer/Designer
Location: Newberry, SC.
Our fast-growing, Commercial HVAC Chiller manufacturing corporation is seeking an experienced CAD Designer with a minimum of two years general manufacturing experience preferably in the HVAC OEM equipment industry. Demonstrated expertise with the development of complete engineered 3D models from scratch.
- Prepare complete detail and layout drawings and BOMs from verbal or written instructions for complex products or equipment.
- Design, size, select and develop the relevant components and prepare detailed part drawings to support general machine design of existing & new Industrial HVAC equipment.
- Input B.O.M.’s into ERP/MRP systems.
- Experience in designing machined and fabricated assemblies, including knowledge of machining practices and fabrication techniques such as (welding, brazing, piping, sheet metal forming, etc.) for a variety of materials.
- Thorough knowledge of equipment assembly procedures as it applies to the development of assembly drawings.
- Minimum of 3 years Solidworks 3D modeling and 2D CAD drafting software as part of design process. Solidworks Simulation and FEA experience are very desirable. AutoCAD experience a plus.
- Understanding the development of BOM’s.
- Experience in HVAC equipment systems
- Must be able to select and design HVAC machine components
- Knowledge of materials, and strength/sizing calculations is required.
- Must be able to pass a drug screening test and pass a background check.
Required Experience: Mechanical Engineer with minimum of 3 years experience or Minimum Associates Degree in Mechanical Design/Drafting with 5 years industry experience.
Consideration for all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Interested in a career with the Arctic Chiller Group?
Forward your resume to: email@example.com